To mark HM The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, Newtown & Llanllwchaiarn Town Council invites local residents who wish to stage Jubilee neighbourhood street/estate-party type events during the special bank holiday 2nd to 5th June 2022, to apply for funding of up to £50 to contribute to event costs.
How To Apply
To apply, please read the guidance below and provide the following information:
- Name and contact details
- Date of event
- Type of event
- Time and approximate duration of event
- Proposed venue or, if a street party, the road name
- Numbers of people expected to attend
- Items for which the grant will be used
- The application can either be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or a paper copy delivered to: The Council Offices, Brisco House, The Cross, Broad St, Newtown, SY16 2BB.
We will contact you to let you know if your application has been successful.
The deadline for applications is 13th May 2022.
- Applicants can be individuals or formal/informal groups.
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age to apply.
- Events must take place during the Jubilee weekend 2nd & 5th June (inclusive).
- Events must be in the Newtown & Llanllwchaiarn area.
- Funding must be spent on items such as food, decorations, hall-hire, older person facilities – but NOT the purchase of alcohol.
- Maximum one application per event.
- Events must be in a public space (rather than private houses or gardens)
- Grants will be made on a receipt-reimbursement basis i.e.. you will be reimbursed to your bank account after your purchases are made.
- An amount of £1,000 has been set aside by NLTC for these grants. Payments will be made on a first come, first served basis. If applications exceed £1,000 it will be at the discretion of the Town Council whether to supply further funding.
- The Town council reserves the right to recover the grant where there is evidence that it has been used it for any purpose other than to which it was intended or if the organiser has failed to comply with any other condition of the grant.
How To Claim If Your Grant Is Approved
- If your application is successful, you will be & issued with an ‘approved grant number’.
- When you have completed your purchases please send in (either scanned by email or paper copies directly to the office)
- Receipts as proof of purchase
- your approved grant number
- the name, sort code & account details of the bank account into which the grant is to be paid
- a photo of the event (if possible, with permission for the Town Council to reuse the photo in it’s publications and promotions).
- Payment to cover purchases (up to £50) will be made into the bank account of the individual or group specified.
Those wishing to host street parties may wish to take up the offer of free street closures from Powys County Council. Those interested should contact Powys County Council’s traffic section on email at email@example.com by Sunday 27th March 2022.