We have prepared some document packs for people interested in becoming a councillor in the up-coming co-option for Central Ward in Newtown and Llanllwchaiarn. You can find the packs in the sharepoint link below:
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the TOWN COUNCIL OF NEWTOWN & LLANLLWCHAIARN intends to Co-opt 1 Member(s) to fill the vacancy(ies) that exist in the office of Councillor for the CENTRAL Ward.
Expressions of interest are being sought from members of the public who meet the following qualifications and are interested in representing their community on the aforementioned Town Council. You must be a British, Commonwealth, Irish or a European Union citizen and be 18 years of age or over; and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- registered as a local government elector for the area named above; or
- during the whole of the last 12 months occupied as owner or tenant land or other premises in the community named above; or
- your principal or only place of work during the last 12 months has been in the community named above; or
- you have during the whole of the last 12 months resided in the Community or with 4.8 kilometres of it.(1)
If you wish to be considered for co-option for the vacant seats(s) or want more information regarding the role of a Town Councillor please contact the Proper Officer, Town Clerk on/ at 01686-625544/ firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 on 12/10/2020.
(1) Certain people are disqualified from standing, and these include paid officers of the community council, anyone subject to bankruptcy restriction orders and those subject to recent sentences of imprisonment.