For immediate release
Newtown and Llanllwchaiarn Town Council co-opt first Community Youth Representative
On 13th March 2018, Newtown and Llanllwchaiarn Town Council officially co-opted their first Community Youth Representative. Evangeline Williams has been co-opted to represent the youth of Newtown and Llanllwchaiarn. More information on Community Youth Representatives can be found at http://newtown.org.uk/pages/Community-Youth-Representatives
The role of a Community Youth Representative is:
- A position held for a period not exceeding two years unless the Youth Representative resigns before. Other duties would include:
- Visiting youth groups and organisations within the town to act as a link as well as to get ideas.
- To promote the work of the Newtown and Llanllwchaiarn Town Council and its initiatives.
- To increase youth participation firstly at the Newtown and Llanllwchaiarn Town Council and secondly across the community (including setting up activities/events)
- To participate without a vote at Town Council meetings.
- To participate in committees, sub-committees without a vote or working groups as authorised and appointed to by the Council.
- Feedback ideas and be the voice of the young people in the town.
- Sit on the Town Council as a Community Youth Representative for a period of time decided by the Council at appointment.
- Learning how the Town Council works and therefore representing the best interest of the Newtown and Llanllwchaiarn Town Council and community.
Unfortunately Newtown and Llanllwchaiarn Town Council were unable to fill the second representative spot and would like to keep the co-option open.
Representatives should be between the ages of 15 and 25 and suitable to represent the interests of young people who live, work and receive education in our area. Appointments will run from late March 2018 for a maximum of 2 years. If you are interested please, please get in touch.
To apply or for more info please contact the Town Clerk on 01686 625544 or by email at email@example.com. For young people under the age of 18, parental consent will be required.