Newtown Community Fund April 2020
Newtown Community Fund is a grant that supports projects or community activity through community, voluntary or self- help groups. The grant traditionally supports groups which:
- Carry out work in the community
- Provide a long -term benefit to the community
- Extend access and participation, increase skill and creativity, or generally improve the quality of life of people in their area
- Support principles of equal access and opportunity
- Are not otherwise excluded for the reason of being outside the scope of the scheme.
During these unprecedented times, however, Newtown and Llanllwchaiarn Town Council are offering community groups working in the community to assist with the repercussions of COVID-19 and its effect on our town, the opportunity to apply for the grant.
The Community Fund Grant has the same criteria as always with the exception that:
- a) for May 2020 grants only, a maximum of £2,000 will be permitted to support the community response to mitigate the effects of the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.
- b) exception that, for May 2020 grants only, previous applicants will be permitted in Round 1 which support the community response to mitigate the effects of the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic
The Town Council appreciates groups have been set up to assist people facing self-isolation and aid people who are unable to access shopping, prescriptions and other services they may usually access, as a result, the Community Fund Grant has temporarily been amended to recognise these services.
Applications must be received by 30th April 2020
For an application pack please contact email@example.com
Or telephone 01686 625544
Applications can be downloaded at https://www.newtown.org.uk/pages/newtown-community-fund